Monday, February 22, 2010

Brother Tom Amongst Beer Geeks

This morning, upon request of the three beer club members in Mexico, I stopped by Town Hall Brewery to pick up a growler of their first release for Big and Barrel Aged Week. Here's a list of what they have to offer



I had no idea that the beers are released at noon each day, and since I got there around 11:45 I found myself in the midst of a large number of beer geeks lined up for the release. They were all males who showed up alone with a few empty growlers. Most of them had knit winter hats, and they all had a lot of questions for the young female bartender. No pretzel necklaces, though.

Anyways, I managed to pick up a growler of their Big Ben Double IPA. It's brewed with 5 different kinds of hops (that I don't remember), and comes in at 8.6% ABV. It's the first time this beer has been released, so I'm excited to review it next week at our next meeting. It will be a challenge not to drink the whole thing on Wednesday after my test is over. (Ed Note: I drank the whole thing after my test was over)

No comments:

Post a Comment