Monday, November 1, 2010

Twenty Second Meeting




This is the 22nd meeting of the WTBC. I couldn't make it, so once again Tom J took over blogging duties. Here it is, in its slightly edited form.


Gouden Carolus Kuvee van de Keizer
Abv: 11%

Colin - wow this is really ripping good
Tom - A chocolate whisky taste
Dan/Mike - licorice taste

Tastes like Licorice and booze
It's figgy, that's fo sho doe
Tastes like Chone Figgins

BPA: 3.08


Straffe Hendrik Bruges Tripel
Abv: 9%

We're going double, triple, then quads. Pump it up!
Note the lighter color

It's a simpleton drink
It's less complex than the double
Less figgy and less candy flavor
It's golden, not red

BPA: 2.85


Lost Abbey Judgment Day
Abv: 10.5%

This is comin' in hot
Seems pretty complex
Good mouth feel
tastes of a winter night in Moscow, Actually, it tastes like the Rapture
I like this quite a biiiittttt (Colin's girley voice)

BPA: 3.15

Town Hall Mango Mama
Av: 6%

Strikes a good balance between the mango
It's a good contrast
I like this beer
I wish we had this first, tastes good
It's pretty Mango. Tastes quite a bit like Mango juice
I'm a big fan of the appearance
It's a lighter beer with good flavor. Can't say it enough, great balance

BPA: 3.23

Ommegang Witte
ABV: 5.1%

I enjoy this quite a bit
Tastes like a barn (in a good way)
yes, like hay
This is a good one
It's a really good hefewiesen. Good, but not great. Solid. Something I can pound a ton of.
Tastes like a barnyard berrian, I could crush 1000 of them
I could drink as many in the summer as in the winter

BPA: 2.9

Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti
ABV: 9.5%

It smells very chocolate
I can't wait to dip my balls in it
This would be a good one to dip your balls in
this is a good one
Muy complex
beans this is good
lot of coffee, lot of chocolate
This is terrible. I hate this beer. I hate coffee just as much as I hate chocolate. This was a double whammy of suckness. First F of beer club. Put it on the board!

BPA: 2.68

1 comment: